RFLX Combat Wrestling Core Curriculum Volume 1
Volume 1 of the RFLX Combat Wrestling Core Curriculum covers Takedown Defense.
If you are interested in purchasing just one volume of the set then you are in the right place, however, keep in mind that you can save some hard earned cash if you decide to order the entire curriculum!
Consider this product in digital download and have it available instantly! Learn More.
If you would like to purchase this product in DVD format then please add it to your cart below. Note that all RFLX DVD sales are shipped within the US only.
Takedown defense is one of the key things that separates wrestlers from other martial artists. If they can’t take you down then you dictate where the fight goes. In terms of self defense, the ability to stay on your feet and on top of your opponent is critical for a positive outcome. Includes PDF chapter list.
Distances and Defensive Philosophy
1. Takedown Defense Fundamentals
2. Hip Thrust
4. Sprawl basics
5. Sprawl – controlling the far wrist to prevent bear hug
6. Sprawl – taking the back – slide the leg across opponent’s arm and swim to the hip
7. Sprawl – stretch the opponent out to gain back position
Basic Takedown Defenses
Double Leg Takedown Defense
2. Double underhooks 3. Crossface
4. Step Back
Single Leg Takedown Defense
1. Whizzer control position
2. Whizzer defense – opponent with head low
3. Whizzer defense – opponent with head high
4. Whizzer defense – opponent with head in perfect position 5. Whizzer Kickover to side control
6. Defense against the Low Single Leg takedown
Against the Double Leg Takedown
1. Head Tie Shuck
2. Front Headlock Anaconda
3. Head Tie Snapdown
4. Crotch Lift Stalemate, submission or pass 5. Ankle Grab over the back
6. Ankle Grab through the legs
7. Front Headlock Shuck
8. Front Headlock – leg hook & spin behind 9. Front Headlock – leg hook & cradle
10. Behind the elbow control
Against the Single Leg Takedown
11. Whizzer Kick Over to mount
12. Whizzer knee bar
13. Elbow Grab and pull
14. Ankle Grab
16. Step Back Crotch Lift
17. High Leg Over